The Alumni Association

The American Legion

Baseball Association

Community Club

Development Corporation

Historical Society of Delmont

Library Committee

4-H Clubs

Tri-Del Golf Club

Twin Rivers Old Iron Association

Volunteer Fire Department


To learn more about any of the organization you can

email us by just clicking on this line.


| Businesses | Churches | Craft Booth Letter | Delmont Alumni | Fire Department Page | Map | History |
| Organizations | Kuchen Festival and Old Time Harvest Festival | Onion House | Recreation |
 | Historical Pictures | Delmont's Day 2014 | School |  Contact Us | Home |


The Alumni Association

The Alumni Association was organized September 1961. Membership dues are $1.00 per year. The Alumni Reunion is held every 5 years, on the first weekend in August. The next reunion is set for August 7th and 8th, 2015. The Alumni Association also publishes an alumni newspaper containing names and current addresses for alumni. If your address has changed since the last Alumni Reunion or if you are not sure the Association has your address, please Click Here to enter the Delmont Alumni page for further information. Or if you prefer, send your change of address to Nola Redd, Alumni Association President,  Delmont, SD 57330.


[Back to Top]

The American Legion


Legion Auxiliary


Laib-Albrecht Post No. 249 schedules their regular meetings the third Monday of every month. The Post conducts the annual Memorial Day program and usually serves a delicious pancake and sausage supper at least once a year.

The Auxiliary meets every third Thursday of the month. The main purpose is to promote Americanism and aid the American Legion in the community, state, and nation. The Auxiliary maintains the kitchen in the hall, serves the annual Community Club banquet as well as others on request, entertains the residents at various nursing homes, serves coffee and treats for Veterans' Day, contribute to the Christmas sacks for those who come to see Santa, etc.


[Back to Top]

The Delmont Baseball Association

The Delmont Baseball Association was organized at a meeting in March, 1947. In order to build a lighted baseball park shares were sold and funds were solicited. The land for the park was purchased in 1967 and improvements have been made to the park at regular intervals. The most recent improvement being a new outfield fence with signs of the various businesses supporting the programs of the Association. The Baseball Association holds an annual "Sports Day" which consists of ball games, races and other contests packed into an entire day of fun for all. The Delmont Baseball Association not only sponsors the men's amateur team, but also the youth baseball program. The Association sponsors an annual street dance to raise funds for their programs.

[Back to Top]

Delmont Community Club

The Community Club was organized in the early 1920's as the Commercial Club. On May 10, 1972 the Commercial Club changed its name to the Delmont Community Club in order to enlist the farmers and anyone else interested in joining. As a Community Club they help with special projects at the parks, schedule an annual Appreciation Dinner in December, donate funds to various organizations in the community, sponsor an Easter egg hunt, have a free watermelon feed for the Fourth of July and do what ever else is necessary to support the community. The Community Club's monthly meeting is at noon the first Wednesday of every month.


[Back to Top]

Delmont Non-Profit Development Corporation

The Delmont Non-Profit Development Corporation was organized near the end of 1992 and officially recognized as a corporation of the State of South Dakota on April 29, 1993. It had 26 original members, and has now grown to 42 members. Membership is easily fulfilled by payment of dues as set by the Board of Directors, upon which a membership certificate will be issued.

The purpose of this corporation is to further the economic development of the Delmont area. This is accomplished through revolving loans, funded from local investor groups, furnished to businesses willing to locate in our area, as well as loans to preserve existing businesses.  The group also promotes the Festivals and activities of the various organizations in town.


[Back to Top]

The Historical Society of Delmont

The Historical Society of Delmont was organized in April 1995. Their membership is over 40. The Historical Society was organized in order to preserve the Delmont Pump House. The Delmont Pump House is on the National Register of Historic Places. 
The Society's major fundraiser for the year is the Kuchen Festival.  In the beginning it was held the first Sunday of Pheasant Hunting Season, but now we have scheduled for the second weekend in September each year.  This year will be their  nineteenth annual event.  Each year the Society membership and many gracious volunteers travel to the Tyndall Bakery on the Friday before the Kuchen Festival to make Kuchens.  Every year the Society bakes a larger number of kuchens.  In 2014 Society members and volunteers made over 1523 kuchens and we again had a sellout.  This year the festival will be a one day event on Saturday, September 12, 2015.

With the funds raised during recent Kuchen Festivals we have restored the old bank clock by purchasing controllers for the clock and the Westminster chimes from the Electric Time Company. We also have hanging in the museum the inside clock which controlled the outside tower clock. This clock hung within the old Delmont Bank.  Thanks to Galen Davis of Davis Clocks in Sioux Falls for donating his time and expertise to put this part of the clock into working order again. 

In 2007 we graciously received a loan of fossils and crystals by Marcia and Harlan Hieb. Hieb's found the fossils in the sand bit which they once owned..

Another year we laid a "memorial brick" side walk and seating around the clock and up to the museum's front door.  People can purchase for $50 a brick to be placed in the walkway.  That same year two park benches donated by the First State Bank were placed around the walk for people to take a break from their busy day.

For more information, contact President Earla Strid, 605-779-2211;  Sam Grosz,  605-779-2801.


[Back to Top]


4-H Club

The 4-H program was started in the Delmont Community in 1939 and since have had two or more clubs. Currently there are two clubs. One is a girls club named "The Purple Ribbon Home Economic Club". The girls carry cooking and sewing projects. The other club is mixed both boys and girls. It is named "Dakota Kids 4-H Club". Their projects are all kinds of livestock, crops, gardens, photography, horses, visual arts, and all kinds of crafts.

Besides projects the 4-H clubs include activities such as: demonstrations, judging, and public speaking. It teaches record keeping and how to conduct a public meeting. Each year Achievement Days are set up in each county, where 4-H members compete in all projects by exhibiting projects and activities. Purple Ribbon winners go to the State Fair and compete with the other counties.

[Back to Top]

Tri-Del Golf Course

The golf course was officially established in March 1932. A club house was built in 1960. There is a lot of activity on the course every summer. A men's golf league meets every Wednesday and the women's league meets every Tuesday for the summer months. Occasionally a golf tournament is scheduled.


[Back to Top]


            On November 17, 2003, eight people with a common goal of restoring old tractors and implements met at the Delmont Steak House to see if there was sufficient interest in forming an antique machinery club. At a second meeting, Jan. 12, 2004, 15 people from the area around Delmont met, formed the Twin Rivers Old Iron Association, set dues and elected officers. A logo was designed to appear on caps, shirts and signs.

            Twin Rivers Old Iron Association had its first annual show and demonstration on October 17, 2004, in conjunction with the Delmont Kuchen Festival and has been part of the celebration every year since.

            An acreage just west of Delmont came up for sale in early 2005. The group purchased about 30 acres and associated buildings. Many spring days of cleanup and repair followed, and with the help of Richard Villmow and his heavy equipment, the farmstead was put into passable shape for public events. Villmow also constructed a tractor-pulling track. Bleachers, along with a converted school house for concessions were added.    

            Activities at the farm site have included plowing and threshing bees, antique tractor flea markets and antique parades. The Festival has grown from small demonstrations behind the Delmont American Legion Hall during the Kuchen Festival to a two-day celebration at the farm. Events included are: Sunday morning church services, large parades, major farming demonstrations, horse drawn displays, and crowds of about 500 people.


[Back to Top]

Delmont Volunteer Fire Department

The Delmont Volunteer Fire Department was organized on November 23,  1903.  Their current fire station and meeting was built in 1968 with donations and revenue from the annual sausage supper.
The Delmont Volunteer Firefighters provide firefighters, first responders, and EMT's for the Delmont Rural Fire Protection District.  The District covers parts of Charles Mix, Douglas and Hutchinson counties
including the communities of Delmont, Greenwood and Clearfield Colonies (approximately 175 miles).  
Current apparatuses available to fight fires:  1997 Chevy Pumper - Engine 1
                                                                     1981 IH Tanker/Pumper - Tank 1
                                                                     1976 IH Tanker/Pumper - Engine 2
                                                                     1980 Dodge Grass Unit - Engine 3
                                                                      Ford Fire/Rescue Unit
A 1923 Luverne Pumper "Bertha" has been retired, can be seen at the Pumphouse Museum, but still in working condition.
The Delmont Fire Department currently has 20 members.  These dedicated volunteers are ready and willing to answer any call. any time, for any emergency.


[Back to Top]

To learn more about any of the organizations you can

email us by just clicking on this line.

 | Delmont Alumni | Businesses | Churches | Firemen's Page | Map | History |
| Kuchen Festival and Old Time Harvest Festival | Onion House | Recreation |
 | Historical Pictures | Delmont Days 2012 | School | Contact Us | Home |